I promised myself my girls that I would never not participate in anymore “popularity-type” blogging contests after participating in MomWebs contest, and daughters’ coloring contest. While wining was definitely Da-Boom–It was a lot of work! Overall, I still feel these types of online contests that “popularity” won over merit. Additionally, I felt bad asking favors of family, friends, colleagues, followers when I haven’t been in touch in awhile.
But, after weighing all the possible benefits, surveying the possibilities, and chatting back and forth with detailed questions of the social media agency who contacted me, I decided to explore the opportunity of “being creative” in figuring out how I can make this more worthwhile event for everyone–those who I’ll be asking for help (which is essence is helping themselves) and if at all possible the less fortunate and needy, inshaAllah (God willing)
The social media agency shared that they were “only reaching out to a select group of (150 mommy) bloggers” “similar to my site” (I assumed stats–but, my research says ‘nope’). So, I’m at a bit of a disadvantage. But, I know I’m the only Muslim…hmm….and possibly very few homeschooling moms…double hmm…
So, here’s the deal:
Buick in unveiling a brand new car on January 10, 2011 at 9:15 AM EST at the American International Auto Show in Detroit, MI. To get people excited they have 150 mommy bloggers sharing this exclusive and special campaign to become fans of Buick’s Facebook Fan Page. Buick will randomly select one person at the live streaming of the auto show to win $2,000! AND, just by “Liking” their Fan Page, Buick will randomly choose one person to win a Brand-New Buick (No attendance necessary)!
How YOU Can Enter to Win a Brand New Buick and/or $2000
- “Like” Buick’s Facebook Fan Page from my exclusive link and you’re automatically entered to win a Brand-New “we-don’t-know-it’s-name-yet” Buick!
- By “Liking’ the Buick Facebook, you’ll gain special access to” view a specially produced live event at the North American International Auto Show, Detroit (NAIAS) that will be live streaming on Buick’s Facebook Page on Monday, January 10th, 9:15 am Eastern Standard Time.
- IF you attend the live streaming and participate, you will be entered to ALSO win $2000!
- I am not being paid to post this giveaway. But, whichever mommy blogger gets the most “Likes” for Buick through our individual links, will win a very large cash prize. We are not obligated to disclose the amount, and I am noticing that some are not sharing. BUT…I am!
- If I get the most referrals to “Like” Buick, I will win $5000. BUT, I want to give half most of it away!
- WHAT!? WHY?????
- Okay, here’s what I’m thinking: Yes, Of course, I’d love to win it all. BUT, What are My Chances?! I can NOT do this withOUT YOU! So, $1000 to use towards the huge plans for American Muslim Mom is 1000-times better than $0, right!?
How WE Can Donate Up to $4000 to Charity!*
Choose a Charity
I have my own Foundation on GiveBack.org, and two charities included are:
- Islamic Relief USA – Worldwide Leader in Alleviating Poverty. “For a quarter of a century, Islamic Relief has worked tirelessly in countries around the world to alleviate poverty, suffering, hunger, and illiteracy.”
- Pencils of Promise – Mission: Pencils of Promise partners with local communities to build schools and increase educational opportunities in the developing world by empowering a global youth movement to create profound good.
- NEW: For The Love of Luka – Donations to raise funds for my dear 5 year old nephew, Luka Ferraro, in his fight against Burkitt’s Lymphoma/Leukemia.*
[*I don't know if Canadians are eligible to win the car and money, but your likes of Buick and comments below will count towards donations towards Luka, God willing. I'll find out more details on Monday, once everyone is back to work.]
Options to Raise Funds for Your Charity
So, here are your options:
Personal Limits: I will donate up to $35 per person based upon the number of actions taken and commented below with appropriate links for tracking purposes.
1. Like Buick and Comment below telling me where you want me to donate your $1 from my winnings if I win (Islamic Relief USA or Pencils of Promise)
2. Like Buick, Share my link with a personal note on your Facebook page, inviting them to participate in this contest and this fundraiser; and Comment below telling me where you want me to donate your $2 from my winnings if I win.
4. Like Buick, Write a Blog Post with my link, and Comment below telling me where you want me to donate your $25 from my winnings if I win. Don’t forget to tell your followers to comment on this thread so I can donate $1 on their behalf too!
5. Like Buick, Promote my link in any other way you’d like, such as Tweeting. Sharing. Emailing family and friends. For every action, Comment below telling me where you want me to donate your $1 from my winnings if I win.
Can you imagine getting over 3000-4000 comments to equal $3000-$4000 in charitable funds?! While it’s a long-shot…I’m praying! Let’s see if this little American Muslim Mommy Blog can do it! Are you with me!?
Connect with American Muslim Mom
While you’re here, consider staying awhile. Take a look around and comment often, we love feedback and community engagement. And, if you at the least bit interested with the kind of work I’m doing here at American Muslim Mom, please consider subscribing to my RSS feed, or via email, follow me on Twitter (@ponnsabra), becoming a Google Connect Friend, subscribe to our YouTube Channel, follow us on Linked In, subscribe to my email list (free ebooks & goodies on our sidebar), or review and rate American Muslim Mom. You never know–God willing, I hope to offer more creative campaigns like this in the future.
Disclosures: Once $4000 is reached based upon above stated actions, this fundraising opportunity will close. We will not take anymore entries once the referral contest is over, to be determined by the social media agency I am working with. Upon closing of the referral contest, I will close comments on this post so we can calculate said amount of donations to be made, shall I win the referral contest. Dollar amounts will be announced on my Contest Winner Page, and upon receipt of said winnings, I will deposit finalized donation amount into my foundation of GiveBack.org in which Islamic Relief USA and Pencils for Promise are my charities.
- Win CNN’s “Unwelcome. The Muslim Next Door” Press Copy DVD – Not for sale
- Dapper Snapper Kids Belt Review & Giveaway
- The Travels of Wiglington and Wenks – Review and Giveaway
- Facebook Fan Welcome Page and Banner Designed by Ummah Design – Review & Giveaway
- CARS 2 Kids Giveaway Pack – T-shirt, Bumper Stickers, Temporary Tattoos & Puzzle
Category: Tech & Travel