Auntie J. shared her detailed review of every item in this awesome Birth-To-Toddler Gift Package (a term Auntie J. just came up with) to celebrate the brand new release of What to Expect The Second Year by Heidi Murkoff. As proud new Partners, we will be hosting regular reviews and giveaways for each of the What To Expect books, and highlight various aspects of their incredibly helpful parenting site throughout the year, inshaAllah, God willing. This is such exciting news–because, as we pack for our move, I know snuggled in our book boxes I still have my 12-year old What to Expect, Pregnancy copy safely tucked, just for memory-sack. So, enjoy Auntie J’s review:
I just opened the package and it included a beautiful variety of gifts that a baby will use ranging from birth to 18months. There are top of the line the Original SwaddleMe infant wrap, Nuk pacifiers, Explora Training cups, a Playtex Training cup with a straw, baby bubble bath, and Pediped shoes.
The Original SwaddleMe infant wrap is a perfect gift for new parents trying to get into the swing of things. This product gives a newborn the support and comfort it needs when first entering the world inside the comfort of a blanket. I never was able to swaddle our children with a blanket, my husband mastered this technique, but I always struggled. This blanket takes the guess work out and the comfort in a flash.
My daughter has used the Nuk brand Pacifiers when she was smaller and loved them, my family trust the quality of this brand so much that we have gifted their product several times to our friends having a baby.
I just gave my 14 month old daughter the Explora Training cup and I found that she enjoyed the softness of the silicone top, but it leaked all over my floor. This product is great for younger children but as they progress in roughness it may not be suitable.
The Playtex Training cup to a product that we use daily in our house. They are the perfect cup for when you are on the go and you don’t want to worry about a spill. It keep the juice in the cup and off the floor and our kids cloths. It is easy to grip and clean, which are two very important components in our house.
Johnson and Johnson Baby Bubble Bath and Wash has a great fragrance that doesn’t over power the natural sweet sense that our baby already has. It makes bath time fun for a 14 month old. Washing my daughters hair is less of a challenge when using BUBBLES. She didn’t scream and cry as she usually does because this time washing her hair was fun. This product made bath time less stressful.
Pediped shoes are top of the line quality. They have a soft sol allowing the baby to feel the ground without hurting her feet. My daughter looks stylish in her Baby Jane while getting the support she needs while chasing after her big brother.
WHAT TO EXPECT, THE SECOND YEAR GIFT BOX
What to Expect the Second Year book by Heidi Murkoff, $24.95
What to Expect, Stainless Steel Water Bottle, premium item/not available at retail
Tommee Tippee Explora Cup, 9m+ – $8.99
PediPed Originals 12-18 mos. – $32.00
Johnson’s Baby Bubble Bath & Wash 15 oz – $4.29
Summer Infant Swaddle Me 7-14 lbs – $12
Totsy coupon – $15 credit
NUK Active Cup: $6.79
NUK TrendLine pacifier sz2, 2pk: $4.79
Hallmark Recordable Storybooks – $29.99
Playtex Lil Gripper Spout Cup – $15.00
What to Expect, The Second Available For Sale Now!
Can’t wait!? Buy your copy here today!
Enter to win What to Expect, The Second Year Gift Box ($153.80+)
Deadline date: Thursday, April 21, 2011 at 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time.
- You must adhere to all the rules as stated. Shall a winner be chosen who did not complete these rules, he/she will not be eligible to win.
You must visit the What to Expect Second Year website comment below telling us your favorite resource, section, part of their designated toddler pages are for you and your little tot.
- To be eligible to win you must be a U.S. resident, and 18 years of age or older.
For Additional Entries
For additional entries, you may chose to complete any one, or all of the below actions. You must write a separate comment for each additional entry you complete below. (A winner is chosen by the number of comments, not the number of actions taken.)
- Follower What To Expect on Twitter @What_To_Expect
- Become a What to Expect When You’re Expecting Facebook Fan
- Follow American Muslim Mom on Twitter @PonnSabra
- Become an American Muslim Mom Facebook Fan.
- Subscribe to our RSS feed preferably through the email subscription having the same email address on the comment that you have in the RSS feed. To sign up with your RSS feed reader, click here; or click here to subscribe by email.
- Subscribe to our iTunes RSS feed with one-click subscription here.
- Subscribe to the American Muslim Mom YouTube Channel.
- Follow American Muslim Mom on Google Connect.
- “Like” this page on Facebook with the “Like” button below.
- Share this page on Facebook with the “Share” button below adding a personal note. Leave a comment below with the timestamped url.
- Join the Muslim Mom Media Network. While it’s not exclusive to Muslim Moms, we will only be promoting Muslim and halal-specific products and services.
- Tweet about this contest with @ponnsabra Tweet this message, but don’t forget to comment below with the new tweet link
- Add our brand new button on your site, code available on the right sidebar.
- List on our your blogroll with the following text link:
<a href=”http://americanmuslimmom.com” title=”American Muslim Mom Blog” target=”_blank”>American Muslim Mom Blog</a>
- Bookmark American Muslim Mom on your browser or your favorite bookmarking site, suchas reddit, delicious, or google bookmarks. You can use one of the “Sharing is Caring” buttons below. [For each action, make separate comments below.]
- Share this post with your favorite social networking site, such as yahoo buzz, stumbleupon, or kirsty. You can use one of the “Sharing is Caring” buttons below as well. [For each action, make separate comments below.]
SAMPLE TWEET. ENTER UP TO TWICE DAILY.
RT @ponnsabra #GIVEAWAY Win @What_To_Expect The Second Year Gift Box (Value. $153.80+) #Baby #Toddler http://ow.ly/4AmBM
Determining a Winner
Each comment below designates an entry number. We will use And the Winner Is… plugin to pick a random winner from the total number of comments below. The winner will be contacted by email. If no response is received in 48 hours, another winner will be chosen. Confirmed winners will be announced on our Contest Winners Page, where you may refer to at anytime.
Disclosure: What to Expect provided review products and offered contest giveaway prizes. We not influenced in anyway to share only positive remarks. After all, lying is haram (prohibited). You’re welcome to read American Muslim Mom’s disclosure policy and contest disclosure.
- Ranoon Eid Decorations – Review and Giveaway
- WhoNu? Cookies Review & Giveaway
- Flowerz in Her Hair – Review and Giveaway
- Tiecoon.com $25 Gift Certificate 24-Hour Contest
- Wordlock Padlock – Review and Giveaway