Mubarak and Congratulations to all the sisters who made this list. MashaAllah, God has willed, our highly-skilled and patient intern Habeeba, took my directions, scattered notes of various Fan Pages and exploded this task by making a Top 100 list.
Criteria for Ranking
I have never been an advocate for popularity contests, so to list based on number of fans was not my intention as I started compiling this list. I intended to rank all Fan Pages based on PeerIndex because this score the Amount of Influence one has on various social media outlets, such as Facebook. By ranking based on Influence, we would base this list on the quality of interactions made via social media, rather than quantity. Unfortunately, many site owners are not registered in PeerIndex, therefore do not have a score at all.
So, after discussing this issue with other social media experts, I felt comfortable knowing that we’re not ranking on “popularity” per se, but by ranking on the number of Fans demonstrates they have a loyal and fast-growing fan-base. We made sure that Fan pages had active wall posts each week.
To prevent loyal followers who make ranking criteria (as in the Top 50 Muslim Mom Blog List), we asked for recommendations on our facebook fan page. All data was current and up to date as of last week.
Recommended Next Steps
InshaAllah, God willing, this list will encourage all fan page owners to register with PeerIndex, and next year, inshaAllah, we can rank on quantity versus quality. Available rankings are shown in our spreadsheet.
- Proudly share your accomplishment for making this list by posting this button (linked to this post) on your blog or website. We listed all the websites/blogs in the spreadsheet.
- Comment below with updated information, or recommended Facebook Fan Pages who deserve to be considered next year.
- “Like” each other’s Fan Pages so we can share our voices in this powerful social media network. All direct urls are listed, like American Muslim Mom and Kid Bloggers Club’s Facebook Fan Pages.
- Stay posted via RSS because we’ll be sharing other annual lists and additional ways we can best leverage our voices on social media for the betterment of our ummah (community) in the effort to please our Creator, inshaAllah Ta’ala.
- Comment below of other suggestions or ideas to help in these causes.
May Allah accept our humble actions are ibadah (acts of worship), accept our words as sadaqah jariyah (continuous charity), and bless our relations that we may seek His greatest reward of the akhira (Hereafter). Ameen.
Want a Customized Facebook Fan Welcome Page & Banner?
My incredibly talented designers/developers and I are hosting a
But it ends tomorrow, Thursday, June 16, 2011 at 11:59 pm Eastern Daylight Savings Time.
Worldwide Entries acceptable…probably one of very few ever. Subhanallah, Praise be to Allah, I actually totally forgot about this contest and the timing was all in Allah’s hands. So, if you’re ready to spruce up your Facebook Fan Page, here’s your opportunity!
Top 100 Muslim Women Facebook Fan Pages for 2011
As always, please share your kind thoughts and comments below.
- Building Social Buzz to Fire Up Your Internet Marketing Efforts!
- Top 50 Muslim Mom Blogs 2011
- Creating the Top 50 Muslim Mom Blogs List – An Intern’s Perspective
- Facebook Fan Welcome Page and Banner Designed by Ummah Design – Review & Giveaway
- Six Online Resources Your Home Business Can’t Do Without