As we introduced NoorVitamins to the American Muslim Mom community during Ramadan, we’re excited to debut their monthly health column today by their esteemed doctors, mashaAllah. A wonderful introduction to their column is sharing quick little tips for you to make small little changes in your daily lifestyle so these small new habits in your day will ultimately, inshaAllah God willing, add up to a bigger long-term goal of losing weight and keeping that weight off for good.
Just like anything in life “Slow & Steady Wins the Race”!
1. Start with a healthy breakfast, such as oatmeal and whole grain cereals. This may prevent you from overeating later.
2. Keep a food diary. Knowing how much you consumed in a day can help you understand your eating habits.
3. Turn off the tube. You don’t burn many calories sitting on the couch. Watching television can be a great time to add extra pounds.
4. Weigh yourself often, at least once a week.
5. Cut calories by consuming smaller portions, skipping seconds, and asking restaurants to bag half your meals to-go.
6. Become more active. Physical activity helps you burn calories and stay fit. A great time to sneak in some exercise is during TV time!
So, are these small changes small enough to get you motivated to reach your weight lost goals? If not, why. If so, please share your journey with us and let us know what else you want to learn about weight lose and maintenance by the NoorVitamins doctors. This column will also discuss diabetes, smoking cessation, heart health, staying active and general nutrition. Please comment below letting us know which topics you’d like us to focus on next inshaAllah.
- Walking To Boost Metabolism
- Twitter Weekly Updates for 2011-10-08
- Freebie Friday – Kid’s Activity Guides, Back & Neck Pain Remedies & Divorce Resources
- Favorite iPhone Apps from 2011
- Healthy Children’s Eating Habits Last A Lifetime!
Category: Green Home