We are proud to share with you Saffron Road, our country’s first Certified All-Natural, Halal and Humane frozen Indian entrees! Animals are Pasture Raised, 100% Vegetarian Fed, and Raised Without Antibiotics or Hormones. Saffron Road, the packaged food branch of American Halal Co., debuted 4 entrees in Whole Food Markets in August 2010. America’s first Certified All-Natural, Halal and Humane frozen Indian entrees.
Available Entrees include popular Indian dishes: Lamb Saag, Lamb Vindaloo, Chicken Biryanii and Chicken Tikka Masala. Each entree is linked to their packaging, to read each entrees’ nutrition information, ingredients used, and easy preparation options. Please click here for a Saffron Road Indian Entrees Product Fact Sheet.
Without a doubt, every single person in my family agreed that our favorite entree was the Chicken Tikka Masala. Allahumduilah, Praise be to God. We were not surprised at all, because all our Indian friends (and restaurants) have this amazing ability to make chicken tender and flavorful. Knowing this ahead of time, we each strategically left this entree for last.
My family of 5 received all 4 entrees to taste and 6 packages total. Which, if it wasn’t for me to say “don’t leave a single grain of rice on your plate”, there would have been a teeny tiny snack size left-over. So, we I was extremely pleased with the serving sizes.
Now, back to the order: Since we are big lamb lovers, we actually chose to eat the entrees in this order and liked them exactly as planned:
Chicken Biryanii, Lamb Saag, Lamb Vindaloo and Chicken Tikka Masala.
We loved the juicy, spicy stews for Chicken Tikka Masala and Lamb Vindaloo. They were surprisingly delicious.
Now, I admit; I am not for frozen foods, and was very skeptical–as were my girls. So, I wouldn’t dare place these dishes in the microwave. I put them all in the oven for the prescribed 40 minutes, and the house was quickly steaming up a fine Indian aroma–that Daddy/Papa and the girls were anxiously waiting until it was time to eat. This alone surprised me.
As for the Chicken Biryanii, we preferred the white rice over this interesting mix; and as for the Lamb Saag, we were less interested in its sauce. But, each dish was emptied, so they were tasty–just not our favorites.
Having received these entrees weeks ago, just thinking about the fun flavors, tenderness of the meat, mixed with just the right amount of sauce along with the texture of the rice is making me salivate right now.
The amount of sauce is critical to share, because often dishes are too soupy and drowns the main course, OR there’s not enough sauce which you can taste right through to the dry, flavorless meat–causing you to want more juicy sauce to drown the meatiest of the meal. In all the entrees the sauce was just right, alhumduililah.
It was also very pleasing to discuss with the family during this meal, that there are these tasty halal meals now available here in America, ready to help busy families save time and the hassle for a reasonable cost.
Another sidenote: Daddy/Papa was here in place of Hubby/Baba, and were all very interested to see what his views would be, because he’s extremely partial to one of our dearest Indian friends spicy, juicy, stew-like chicken dishes and is not a fan of frozen food. However, with halal options hard to come by and our raving review, I know I could get him to try it, and sure he’d like at least 1 of the entrees.
- On Wednesday, they announced Gluten-free certification. I had no idea, “that Celiac Disease or Gluten-Intolerance affects nearly one out of every 100 Americans”, which does not include people who prefer gluten-free foods as well.
More & More Regional Natural Food Markets Carry Saffron Road
- Just in the past few weeks/days they’ve added stores in North Carolina, Florida, and New York. Many more are anticipated in the upcoming months.
New Products Launching Soon Based on Desires of Facebook Fans (and Fans in general)
Saffron Road is preparing to launch new products this summer with different types of food beyond frozen entrees. Saffron Road is actively engaging their Facebook Fans by asking for feedback, and they are actually working on types of products that they fan base has shown interest in!
TIP: Social media really works. Let Your voice be heard.
Try Saffron Road Entrees Today!
- Type in your zip code in the Saffron Road store locator to find a store near you!
- Regional natural food markets are quickly carrying Saffron Road, which they share on their Facebook Fan Page & Twitter handle @SaffronRoadFood.
Enter to Win a 1 of 10 Free Entree Coupons! (Value. $5.99)
Deadline date: Thursday, March 3 10, 2011 at 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time.
- You must adhere to all the rules as stated. Shall a winner be chosen who did not complete these rules, he/she will not be eligible to win. It’s only fair.
You must visit Saffron Road website and comment below letting us know how excited to you that halal food options, such as Saffron Road, are now becoming a little easier to find in the marketplace. For example, you may share why you are happy to see more selections of halal, all-natural, gluten-free, frozen or Indian entrees in your local market. We’d love to know which entree you’d try first too.
- The 10 most creative answers will win a coupon from Saffron Road good for one free entrée. Saffron Road staff and their affiliates will be judging all entries. NOTE: This contest requirement was requested of Saffron Road, to generate quality feedback and replies. So, please share
- To be eligible to win you must be a U.S. resident and 18 years of age or older.
For Additional Entries
For additional entries, you may chose to complete any one, or all of the below actions + state additional reasons why you’re happy to see more selections of halal, all-natural, gluten-free, Indian or frozen entrees in your local markets. You must write a separate comment for each additional entry you complete below. (A winner is chosen by the number of comments, not the number of actions taken.)
- Become a Saffron Road Facebook Fan
- Follow Saffron Road on Twitter@SaffronRoadFood
- Subscribe to Saffron Road email list, on the bottom-left-hand corner of the homepage.
- Follow American Muslim Mom on Twitter @PonnSabra
- Subscribe to our iTunes RSS feed with one-click subscription here.
- Become an American Muslim Mom Facebook Fan.
- “Like” this page on Facebook with the “Like” button below.
- Subscribe to our RSS feed preferably through the email subscription having the same email address on the comment that you have in the RSS feed. To sign up with your RSS feed reader, click here; or click here to subscribe by email.
- Join American Muslim Mom email list and get our free “Balancing Life as a Muslim Mom”ebook
- Subscribe to the American Muslim Mom YouTube Channel.
- Follow American Muslim Mom on Google Connect.
- Apply for the Muslim Mom Media Network. While it’s not exclusive to Muslim Moms, we will only be promoting Muslim and halal-specific products and services.
- Tweet about this contest with @ponnsabra Tweet this message, but don’t forget to comment below with the new tweet link
[tweetbox width="515" height="65" label="TWEET THIS. ENTER UP TO TWICE DAILY." content="#GIVEAWAY at @ponnsabra @SaffronRoadFood - All-Natural, Gluten-Free, #Halal Indian Entrees:10 Winners http://bit.ly/dUIrLg
- Bookmark American Muslim Mom on your browser or your favorite bookmarking site, such as reddit, delicious, or google bookmarks. You can use one of the “Sharing is Caring” buttons below.
- Share this post with your favorite social networking site, such as yahoo buzz, stumbleupon, or kirsty. You can use one of the “Sharing is Caring” buttons below as well.
Determining a Winner
The 10 most creative answers will win a coupon from Saffron Road good for one free entrée. Saffron Road staff and their affiliates will be judging all entries. The winners will be contacted by email. If no response is received in 48 hours, another winner will be chosen. Confirmed winners will be announced on our Contest Winners Page, where you may refer to at anytime.
Disclosure: We received products for review free of charge. We were not influenced in anyway to share only positive remarks. After all, lying is haram (prohibited). You’re welcome to read American Muslim Mom’s disclosure policy and contest disclosure.