My household was never one to decorate for Ramadan, Eid, or any other special occasion really. So, when I had the opportunity to review Silver Envelope’s Ultimate Flying High Bundle, I was really excited to experiment.
This package really is the ultimate bundle–it includes (list taken from Silver Envelope’s website):
- 1 pack Ramadan Banner (1 banner)
- 1 pack Ramadan Balloons (12 balloons)
- 1 pack Ramadan Pencils (12 pencils)
- 1 pack Ramadan Color-in card (10 cards)
- 1 pack Eid Banner (2 banners)
- 1 pack Eid Balloons (12 balloons)
- 1 pack Eid Buttons (5 buttons)
- 1 pack Eid Curling Ribbon
- 2 packs Eid Stickers (1 red and 1 green)
- 1 pack Eid Cards (10 cards)
- 2 packs Cello Bags (8 count each)
- 1 pack Cupcake wraps (10 wraps)
- 1 pack Craft Squares (15 squares, various sizes)
- 1 pack Ramadan Word Craft Squares (5 squares)
- 1 pack Eid Word Craft Squares (5 squares)
- 1 pack Party Invitations (10 invites)
- 1 pack Giftwrap (4 sheets)
- 2 packs Bookmarks (5 bookmarks/pack)
Last week before Ramadan began, my mom, sister-in-law, and I played around with the Ramadan decorations and craft squares. Using a hole-punch and thread, we hung the craft squares and Ramadan words from an opening in between our family room and kitchen. The squares are all double-sided, so you can see the beautiful and colorful design from both sides.
I blew up balloons, and we hung two on each side of the opening. We taped the banner that read “Ramadan Kareem!” on the wall.
My household enjoyed the decorations, but began to really miss my sisters’ children who live states away. The decorations brightened up my home, and I feel kids will definitely love helping their parents bring color and Ramadan cheer to any room.
As for the Eid decor, I’m planning to take it with me to my sister’s home and decorate there. Her kids are 5, 3, and 1, and I expect them to want to get their hands on the decorations to celebrate Eid.
The goody bags are great too. Inside, I placed the pencils, bookmarks, balloons and buttons. Once we buy some candy to throw in the bags, we’ll be sealing them up with the “Happy Eid” stickers.
My favorite part of the bundle has got to be the gift wrap. The quality is great, and I wrongly assumed if there was any con with this bundle, it had to be the gift wrap. You see, traditionally, we buy gift wrap from the dollar store in rolls–you just cut however big a piece you need. Silver Envelope sent four folded sheets of wrapping paper, so I was unsure if it would wrap the box I had ready for my nephew.
When I opened it up, I realized two of those boxes could easily fit, and there was some left over! Alhamdulillah. I used the “Happy Eid/Eid Mubarak” curling ribbon to finish it off. Be careful when opening the ribbon though; when I pulled off the tape, some of the text came off with it. Nevertheless, I loved the way it turned out and can’t wait to wrap the rest of our Eid gifts.
I suggest browsing Silver Envelope’s website–there are some great ideas on there as to what to do with all the decorations.
Read below to see how you can enter to win a prize from Silver Envelope!
Giveaway: Silver Envelope!
Is your home missing some color and decor this Ramadan and Eid season? Here’s how you can enter to win a prize from Silver Envelope ($50 value):
- Wednesday, August 1, 2012 at 11:59 P.M. Eastern Time
- You must adhere to all the rules as stated. Shall a winner be chosen who did not follow these rules, he/she will not be eligible to win.
- Comment below telling us how you think Silver Envelope will be of service to your Ramadan and Eid decoration plans, Insha’Allah.
- The person with the most unique and interesting response as picked by Ponn Sabra will be chosen from the comments section below. (U.S. only)
For Additional Entries
For additional entries, you may choose to complete any one, or all of the below actions. You must write a separate comment for each additional entry you complete below. (Winners are chosen by the number of comments, not the number of actions taken.)
- Follow American Muslim Mom on Twitter @PonnSabra
- Become an American Muslim Mom Facebook Fan.
- Follow American Muslim Mom on Pinterest
- Subscribe to our RSS feed preferably through the email subscription, having the same email address on the comment that you have in the RSS feed. To sign up with your RSS feed reader, click here; or click here to subscribe by email.
- Subscribe to our iTunes RSS feed with one-click subscription here.
- Subscribe to the American Muslim Mom YouTube Channel.
- Follow Ponn Sabra on Google Plus.
- “Like” this page on Facebook with the “Like” button below.
- Share this page on Facebook with the “Share” button below adding a personal note. Leave a comment below with the timestamped url.
- Join the Muslim Mom Media Network. While it’s not exclusive to Muslim Moms, we will only be promoting Muslim and halal-specific products and services.
- Tweet about this contest with @ponnsabra Tweet this message, but don’t forget to comment below with the new tweet link.
- SAMPLE TWEET. ENTER UP TO TWICE DAILY: RT @ponnsabra #GIVEAWAY Silver Envelope. Ramadan & Eid decor! http://goo.gl/B16zY Please Enter & RT
- Add our button on your site, code available on the right sidebar.
- List on our your blogroll with the following text link: <a href=”http://americanmuslimmom.com” title=”American Muslim Mom Blog” target=”_blank”>American Muslim Mom Blog</a>
- Bookmark American Muslim Mom on your browser or your favorite bookmarking site, such as Reddit, Delicious, or Google Bookmarks. You can use one of the “Sharing is Caring” buttons below. [For each action, make separate comments below.]
- Share this post with your favorite social networking site, such as Yahoo Buzz, StumbleUpon, or kirtsy. You can use one of the “Sharing is Caring” buttons below as well. [For each action, make separate comments below.]
Determining a Winner:
- 1 winner will be selected for sharing the most inspiring comments as to why he/she want Silver Envelope’s prize.
Each comment below designates an entry number. We will use And the Winner Is… plugin to pick a random winner from the total number of comments below. The winner will be contacted by email. If no response is received in 48 hours, another winner will be chosen. Confirmed winners will be announced on our Contest Winners Page, which you can refer to at anytime.
Disclosure: We are organizing this campaign on behalf of the American Muslim Mom Media Network. If you’d like to be considered for future campaigns, apply today–it’s free to join! We may have received products free of charge or sponsorship towards the GoFundMe American Muslim Mom (AMM) Foundation campaign. 100% of all profits are reinvested into the growth of the AMM community and educational reasons, please check out AmericanMuslimMom.org for details. We are never influenced in anyway to share only positive remarks. After all, lying is haram (prohibited). You’re welcome to read American Muslim Mom’s disclosure policy and contest disclosure.
- Ranoon Eid Decorations – Review and Giveaway
- Silver Envelope Eid Decorations Contest Winner Announced!
- Eid Decorations – Where to Purchase them or make your own
- CARS 2 Kids Giveaway Pack – T-shirt, Bumper Stickers, Temporary Tattoos & Puzzle
- Dapper Snapper Kids Belt Review & Giveaway