As a journalism student, I love writing and reading good stories. A good story should never go unappreciated, and Alhamdulillah our Holy Qur’an is filled with them. As a kid, my teachers and siblings would teach me the stories from the Qur’an from books for kids in Sunday School, and other gatherings of the sort. We never had a chance to simply listen to the story being read to us–it was more like a study session.
Listening to a good story can be as fun and educational as reading one yourself. I know my sister makes use of audiobooks on long car rides when she drives to my New Jersey home from Illinois with her children. It keeps them quiet, calm, and entertained all at the same time.
Miraj Audio developed stories from the Qur’an into audiobooks for children. While based on Islamic stories, the dialogue is fictionalized–it is not necessarily historically accurate, in order to make it easy for children to follow. However, this is mentioned clearly at the beginning of each track, and the Shari’a Council of the United Kingdom (where Miraj Audio is based) approved the stories were in line with Qur’anic teachings. As Managing Director Adiba mentioned, they are “special children’s adaptations.”
Even though I’m not a child anymore, I enjoyed the story of Dawood and the Giant. The narrator reads with great enthusiasm and changes his voice when different characters are speaking. The books are a special music-free version, which is wonderful! Still, the non-music sound effects help paint the scene. For example, the army cheers and laughs in the background when the Giant mocks Dawood and his army. The story was about 26 minutes long, not too long and not too short. Other stories range from 13 to 35 minutes and talk about Prophet Yunus, Salah ad-Din, and more!
My only suggestion to Miraj Audio would be to perhaps include which verses in the Qur’an exactly the stories are mentioned. It would be nice to have that as a convenient reference for parents to explain to their children these are the Arabic verses revealed by Allah subhanahu wa Ta’ala the story you just heard is based off of. This way, Insha’Allah, if Allah wills, entire Muslim families can educate themselves about the magnificent stories revealed in the Qur’an.
Giveaway: Islamic Audiobooks (2 winners, $25 value each)!
Want to give the child in your life an awesome digital gift of stories from our Holy Qur’an? Winners will receive download codes for:
- Yunus and the Giant Fish
- Dawood and the Giant
- Salah ad-Din and the Frankish Boy, part 1
- Leyla the Sparrow
- Abdulqadir’s Treasure
Here’s how you can enter to win a prize from Miraj Audio (5 stories valued at $25):
- Saturday, August 3, 2013 at 11:59 P.M. Eastern Time
- You must adhere to all the rules as stated. Shall a winner be chosen who did not follow these rules, he/she will not be eligible to win.
- Comment below telling us how you think your child will benefit from the audiobooks, Insha’Allah.
- Two people with the most unique and interesting response as picked by American Muslim Mom will be chosen from the comments section below. (U.S. only)
For Additional Entries:
For additional entries, you may choose to complete any one, or all of the below actions. You must write a separate comment for each additional entry you complete below. (Winners are chosen by the number of comments, not the number of actions taken.)
- Follow American Muslim Mom on Twitter @PonnSabra.
- Become an American Muslim Mom Facebook Fan.
- Follow American Muslim Mom on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to our RSS feed preferably through the email subscription, having the same email address on the comment that you have in the RSS feed. To sign up with your RSS feed reader, click here; or click here to subscribe by email.
- Subscribe to our iTunes RSS feed with one-click subscription here.
- Subscribe to the American Muslim Mom YouTube Channel.
- Follow Ponn Sabra on Google Plus.
- “Like” this page on Facebook with the “Like” button below.
- Share this page on Facebook with the “Share” button below adding a personal note. Leave a comment below with the timestamped url.
- Join the Muslim Mom Media Network. While it’s not exclusive to Muslim Moms, we will only be promoting Muslim and halal-specific products and services.
- Tweet about this contest with @ponnsabra Tweet this message, but don’t forget to comment below with the new tweet link.
- SAMPLE TWEET. ENTER UP TO TWICE DAILY: RT @ponnsabra #GIVEAWAY Islamic Audiobooks from Miraj Audio! http://goo.gl/oTNz5H Please Enter & RT
- Add our button on your site, code available on the right sidebar.
- List on our your blogroll with the following text link: <a href=”http://americanmuslimmom.com” title=”American Muslim Mom Blog” target=”_blank”>American Muslim Mom Blog</a>
- Bookmark American Muslim Mom on your browser or your favorite bookmarking site, such as Reddit, Delicious, or Google Bookmarks. You can use one of the “Sharing is Caring” buttons below. [For each action, make separate comments below.]
- Share this post with your favorite social networking site, such as Yahoo Buzz, StumbleUpon, or kirtsy. You can use one of the “Sharing is Caring” buttons below as well. [For each action, make separate comments below.]
- Two winners will be selected for sharing the most inspiring comments as to why he/she wants Miraj Audio’s prize.
- The winners will be contacted by email. If no response is received in 48 hours, another winner will be chosen. Confirmed winners will be announced on our Contest Winners Page, which you can refer to at anytime.
Disclosure: We are organizing this campaign on behalf of the American Muslim Mom Media Network. If you’d like to be considered for future campaigns, apply today–it’s free to join! We may have received products free of charge or sponsorship towards the GoFundMe American Muslim Mom (AMM) Foundation campaign. 100% of all profits are reinvested into the growth of the AMM community and educational reasons, please check out AmericanMuslimMom.org for details. We are never influenced in anyway to share only positive remarks. After all, lying is haram (prohibited). You’re welcome to read American Muslim Mom’s disclosure policy and contest disclosure.
- Islamic Audiobooks Winners!
- Dapper Snapper Kids Belt Review & Giveaway
- WhoNu? Cookies Review & Giveaway
- SmartLab Indoor Outdoor Microscope (IOM) Review and Giveaway
- Review & Giveaway Contest: Fulla Doll Boutique Set with 2 Outfits ($39.99 Value)