I was given the opportunity to download this iSawab app for the iPhone, Alhamdulillah. It’s unique, that’s for sure!
The pictures are so cute! I really appreciate the fact that the people don’t have faces.
One does need to play around with this app to get a feel for it because it provides SO MUCH in a LOT of detail. Basically, it allows you to track your Islamic rewards. I’ve been using it more to track how much ibadah I’ve been getting done in between editing blog posts and helping to organize a fundraising iftar tomorrow evening.
When you open up the app, there are a list of activities you can keep track of including the regular acts of prayer, daily recitation (specific surahs/ayas which are to be read), Qur’an (every surah), supplication, and fasting.
You can also keep track of how much charity you’re giving, knowledge you’re gaining (like reading hadith, Islamic books, or listening to lectures), time you’re volunteering, social activities (like maintaining proper relationships with your parents, the sick, etc.), and even dawah.
With each activity you keep track of, you get points. For example, when you log in that you’ve prayed Asr (you can pick whether you prayed at home, work, or the masjid), points will be given to you.
I suggest that before logging in your specific activities, scroll to the bottom of the app and tap “Target & Points Setup.” You can set your own personal goal for points and the exact time period you wish to achieve them in. This page in the app also gives you a point breakdown. Prayer at Mosque = 2500 points, Qur’an = 1 point per aya, Ramadan fasting = 1000 per day, etc.
You can track your ibadah and activity day by day, and each day you can check your progress. In order to successfully use this app, be sure to consistently update how much you’ve done. If you do not log in your actions, you won’t be able to see your progress. I didn’t log in my activity for a day, and it’s easy to lose track of exactly how much you get done. That’s why it’s great to have this app on your phone! We are in a day and age in which we have our phones with us all the time. These devices are WAY more than phones, and this app proves they have more use than just playing games and sending text messages on a mini screen.
Initially, I didn’t know how useful this app would be for me personally. I have my own dhikr goals and Alhamdulillah, a way to keep track of it. However, this app presented to me all the other opportunities I have to engage in dhikr and ibadah. For example, under “Daily Recitation,” not only is dhikr, istighfar, and durood listed, but surah Ikhlas, al-Falaq, and an-Nas are listed as well–reminding me to recite these chapters from the Qur’an as protection daily.
Different tabs have an “Info” button on the top right corner. I love this! It basically tells you why you should engage in the specific activity with verses from Qur’an and Hadith. Refer to the screenshot from “Charity” on the right.
One recommendation I have for the app makers is a little customization. Like for “Daily Recitation,” I think it would be beneficial to add in your own surahs you read everyday. If there is a way to do this already, I apologize! Please enlighten me .
Giveaway: iSawab iPhone/Android App ($0.99 Value)!
Do you need a nifty way to keep track of your ibadah? Enter for your chance to win a promo code for the iSawab iPhone/Android app by following the instructions below.
Thursday, August 16, 2012 at 11:59 P.M. Eastern Time.
- You must adhere to all the rules as stated. Shall a winner be chosen who did not follow these rules, he/she will not be eligible to win.
- Comment below telling us why you need iSawab to keep track of your ibadah. How do you think it will help you improve your consistency in these final days of Ramadan?
- Three people with the most unique and interesting responses as decided by Ponn Sabra and the American Muslim Mom staff will be chosen from the comments section below. (U.S. only)
For Additional Entries
For additional entries, you may choose to complete any one, or all of the below actions. You must write a separate comment for each additional entry you complete below. (Winners are chosen by the number of comments, not the number of actions taken.) The more actions you take, the more we see how interested you are in winning this prize, Insha’Allah.
- Become an iSawab Facebook Fan.
- Follow American Muslim Mom on Twitter @PonnSabra
- Become an American Muslim Mom Facebook Fan.
- Follow American Muslim Mom on Pinterest
- Subscribe to our RSS feed preferably through the email subscription, having the same email address on the comment that you have in the RSS feed. To sign up with your RSS feed reader, click here; or click here to subscribe by email.
- Subscribe to our iTunes RSS feed with one-click subscription here.
- Subscribe to the American Muslim Mom YouTube Channel.
- Follow Ponn Sabra on Google Plus.
- “Like” this page on Facebook with the “Like” button below.
- Share this page on Facebook with the “Share” button below adding a personal note. Leave a comment below with the timestamped URL.
- Join the Muslim Mom Media Network. While it’s not exclusive to Muslim Moms, we will only be promoting Muslim and halal-specific products and services.
- Tweet about this contest with @ponnsabra Tweet this message, but don’t forget to comment below with the new tweet link.
- Add our button on your site, code available on the right sidebar.
- List on our your blogroll with the following text link: <a href=”http://americanmuslimmom.com” title=”American Muslim Mom Blog” target=”_blank”>American Muslim Mom Blog</a>
- Bookmark American Muslim Mom on your browser or your favorite bookmarking site, such as Reddit, Delicious, or Google Bookmarks. You can use one of the “Sharing is Caring” buttons below. [For each action, make separate comments below.]
- Share this post with your favorite social networking site, such as Yahoo Buzz, StumbleUpon, or kirtsy. You can use one of the “Sharing is Caring” buttons below as well. [For each action, make separate comments below.]
Determining a Winner:
- Three winners will be selected for sharing the most inspiring comment as to why he/she wants the iSawab app for his/her ibadah.
The winner will be contacted by email. If no response is received within 48 hours, another winner will be chosen. Confirmed winners will be announced on our Contest Winners Page, which you can refer to at anytime.
Disclosure: We are organizing this campaign on behalf of the American Muslim Mom Media Network. If you’d like to be considered for future campaigns, apply today–it’s free to join! We may have received products free of charge or sponsorship towards the GoFundMe American Muslim Mom (AMM) Foundation campaign. 100% of all profits are reinvested into the growth of the AMM community and educational reasons, please check out AmericanMuslimMom.org for details. We are never influenced in anyway to share only positive remarks. After all, lying is haram (prohibited). You’re welcome to read American Muslim Mom’s disclosure policy and contest disclosure.
- Dapper Snapper Kids Belt Review & Giveaway
- SmartLab Indoor Outdoor Microscope (IOM) Review and Giveaway
- CARS 2 Kids Giveaway Pack – T-shirt, Bumper Stickers, Temporary Tattoos & Puzzle
- Review & Giveaway Contest: Fulla Doll Boutique Set with 2 Outfits ($39.99 Value)
- WhoNu? Cookies Review & Giveaway