A Muslim’s home or car can never have too many prayer rugs, right? Well, when you get your little hands on these beauties, you’ll just want more! One for every one of your own children, nieces, nephews, neighbors and friends…really!
The are two different styles of Boys Prayer Rugs I want to draw your attention to brought to you from Muslim Toys and Dolls: Handmade and Handcrafted.
As shown in the top picture, the longer blue and pink ones are Handcrafted while the shorter one is Handsewn.
All rugs are high quality material and work. They are so incredibly soft! We all love praying on these rugs, and prefer them over the dozens we own. MashaAllah, my short 5 feet 2 inches allows me to stand on the edge of the Handcrafted ones (half on and half off) and have the ideal length to make sujood on these extremely comfortable rugs. Often squishing the 3 girls and across all three, I decided just to order my own…they are THAT comfortable! Even though it may be shorter in length for 6 foot 2 inch, hubby; I’m ordering one for him as well. After returning from Hajj and Umrah, one quickly learns to pray with inches (not feet) to pray, squeezing your body in sujood so tightly as there’s very limited space.
Watching the girls argue to have “their” rug for prayer is actually acceptable because they’re arguing as they rush to pray. Be it Ramadan, or the rugs, subhan Allah, but it seems as if we find that we all make longer sujoods or prolong our prayers. I know for sure we’re praying longer; just unsure of why.
The second picture demonstrates the difference in the bottom sides. The Handcrafted one has a nylon bottom perfect for the floor and ground, while the Handsewn has the same layer of felt ideal of inside use however we find this one softer.
The next set of pictures were taken to show you the detail of this incredible craftsmanship. It’s truly a toss up which was is better because they are both highly detailed and wonderfully skilled. Often before or after prayers, the girls and I will marvel at its detail. For the Handcrafted, one questions “how did they sew with a machine the shapes of these flowers, clouds, etc.?…MashaAllah, the creators are so talented!” Then, for the Handsewn, one questions “how did they sew or glue on these images with such precision, every stitch the same exact size?…MashaAllah, the seamstress is so skilled!” Insha Allah, the pictures give you some idea of their beauty.
Giveaway: Handmade or Handcrafted Boys Prayer Rugs (39.99 Value)!
Read below to find out how you can enter to win one of one awesome prayer rug for your little boy! Yes, these rugs can be for girls too, but we have “girl” contests running such as the Fulla Boutique and tomorrow’s Little Ponn Muslim Soft Doll, so we wanted to share this gift to our Little Muslim Boys, insha Allah. Please enter appropriately.
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 11:59 P.M. Pacific Time
- You must adhere to all the rules as stated. Shall a winner be chosen who did not follow these rules, he/she will not be eligible to win.
- Comment below telling us which Boys Prayer Rug you want, and which you prefer: Handmade or Handcrafted. Who would you give it to? What’s his age? Why do you think he’ll love receiving it?
- The person with the most unique and interesting response as decided by Ponn Sabra and American Muslim Mom staff will be chosen from the comments section below. (U.S. only)
For Additional Entries
For additional entries, you may choose to complete any one or all of the below actions. You must write a separate comment for each additional entry you complete below. (Winners are chosen by the number of comments, not the number of actions taken.) The more actions you take, the more we see how interested you are in winning this prize, Insha’Allah.
- Follow Muslim Toys and Dolls @dharbi123 on Twitter.
- Follow American Muslim Mom on Twitter @PonnSabra
- Become an American Muslim Mom Facebook Fan.
- Follow American Muslim Mom on Pinterest
Subscribe to our RSS feed preferably through the email subscription, having the same email address on the comment that you have in the RSS feed. To sign up with your RSS feed reader, click here; or click here to subscribe by email.
- Subscribe to our iTunes RSS feed with one-click subscription here.
- Subscribe to the American Muslim Mom YouTube Channel.
- Follow Ponn Sabra on Google Plus.
- “Like” this page on Facebook with the “Like” button below.
- Share this page on Facebook with the “Share” button below adding a personal note. Leave a comment below with the timestamped URL.
- Join the Muslim Mom Media Network. While it’s not exclusive to Muslim Moms, we will only be promoting Muslim and halal-specific products and services.
- Tweet about this contest with @ponnsabra Tweet this message, but don’t forget to comment below with the new tweet link.
- Add our button on your site, code available on the right sidebar.
- List on our your blogroll with the following text link: <a href=”http://americanmuslimmom.com” title=”American Muslim Mom Blog” target=”_blank”>American Muslim Mom Blog</a>
- Bookmark American Muslim Mom on your browser or your favorite bookmarking site, such as Reddit, Delicious, or Google Bookmarks. You can use one of the “Sharing is Caring” buttons below. [For each action, make separate comments below.]
- Share this post with your favorite social networking site, such as Yahoo Buzz, StumbleUpon, or kirtsy. You can use one of the “Sharing is Caring” buttons below as well. [For each action, make separate comments below.]
Determining a Winner:
- One winner will be selected for sharing the most creative comment to the questions listed above.
The winner will be contacted by email. If no response is received within 48 hours, another winner will be chosen. Confirmed winners will be announced on our Contest Winners Page, which you can refer to at anytime.
Disclosure: We are organizing this campaign on behalf of the American Muslim Mom Media Network. If you’d like to be considered for future campaigns, apply today–it’s free to join! We may have received products free of charge or sponsorship towards the GoFundMe American Muslim Mom (AMM) Foundation campaign.
100% of all profits are reinvested into the growth of the AMM community and educational reasons, please check out AmericanMuslimMom.org for details. We are never influenced in anyway to share only positive remarks. After all, lying is haram (prohibited). You’re welcome to read American Muslim Mom’s disclosure policy and contest disclosure.
- Dapper Snapper Kids Belt Review & Giveaway
- Review & Giveaway Contest: Muslim T-Shirts: Tween Girls and Toddler Boys ($30.94 value)
- Tiecoon.com $25 Gift Certificate 24-Hour Contest
- SmartLab Indoor Outdoor Microscope (IOM) Review and Giveaway
- CARS 2 Kids Giveaway Pack – T-shirt, Bumper Stickers, Temporary Tattoos & Puzzle