If you just found out you’re pregnant- congratulations! May God make these next several months smooth and easy for you. Here are some must-have items to purchase during your early pregnancy:
- Preggie Pops (or any sour candy) - Morning sickness during pregnancy is very common (and horrible). Many maternity stores sell candy made specifically for morning sickness and nausea.
- Pre-natal vitamins - Usually when women find out they’re pregnant, they are required to go to a doctor when they are eight months. However, taking pre-natal vitamins as soon as you find out you’re pregnant is important. There are many pre-natal vitamins out there from generic to organic, so do your research to find the best one for you.
- Clothes - Being comfortable while pregnant is a must. Make sure you purchase maternity lingerie. You can find comfortable bras at Motherhood and other maternity stores. Makes sure you have comfortable shoes too!
- Books and blogs - Make sure you subscribe to blogs (such as American Muslim Mom!) and others to read more about pregnancy and raising children. What To Expect When Expecting is a must-have. One book that relates to pregnancy and Islam is: Meeting the Challenge of Parenting in the West: An Islamic Perspective
- Gym subscription - Exercising while pregnant is recommended. If you do not have a gym subscription already, now is the time to purchase a membership. Pre-natal yoga is also recommended. Of course, talk to your doctor first before starting a new exercise regimen. Read more here about exercising while pregnant.
What are some other must-haves for newly pregnant women to purchase? Are you currently pregnant? How far along are you and what tips do you have for pregnant women?
- A Natural Process: Homeschooling While Pregnant
- Preparing for the Transition to Motherhood
- Pregnancy: Taking the Test
- Feeding Your Soul and Your Baby’s: Fasting Tips During Pregnancy and Nursing
- 5 Best Websites for Finding Coupons Online