Listed below are some interesting posts from this week. I highly recommend that you check them out, share them or let your little ones explore with you, inshaAllah:
- Homemade Hajj Board Game Gains Etsy’s attention – Mubarak (Congratulations) sister Eva! MashaAllah (God has willed), Eva is so talented, this recognition wasn’t a surprise to me, alhumdulilah. You can order the game directly here.
- Stuffed in back with the stuffed shirts of Disneyland hee hee Thanks to Old Muslim Woman Woman in the Shoe (great blog name, by the way), I found out that a how a sister was encouraged to go backstage on the 1st day of Ramadan for wearing a hijab. Check out the full AP story here or watch the Reuters/AP Video here.
- Muslim Mommies keeping Daily Ramadan Journals: One here and here.
- A typical Muslim Mommy’s day in Ramadan - MashaAllah, this sister is totally my hero if she’s in bed by 10pm!
- A Non-Muslim’s perspective on Fasting - 5 Benefits. Subhanallah (Praise to to God), while I know these benefits, many times brother and sisters within our own ummah (community) don’t know about these simple benefits. So, to have a non-Muslim acknowledge this pillar is something worth sharing.
- Daily Islamic ibadah (worship) checklist - While, my girls and I write up our lists by hand, finding this nice print-out is a great time-saver. You even have a choice to chart the actions of one child, or a family of 2 or more.
- Growing Up and Learning to Let Go- This is Never an easy task for any mommy. Sister Stephanie shares her experience with photos of her younger daughter’s first day of Kindergarten. Being a homeschooler, it seems like I go through this “letting go” just about every day when they have different activities, programs, events, etc. and I may just be in the outside waiting until they’re done. I’m such a sap, mashaAllah
I’d love to see what you thought were your favorite posts for this week. Please feel free to share the links below.
- Ramadan Activities for Kids
- The Game of LIFE – Reviews by Kids for Kids
- Welcome Ramadan 1431!
- Friday Link Love and Thanks
- The Ultimate Guide To Ramadan For The Muslim Mom – On Sale Now!