We’re SO excited to share this awesome review of iLoveRobot’s newest robotic blended reality toy that hits the market this week! The girls have been reading vicariously about robotics and building their own, so any opportunity to review anything robotics-related, is definitely on the top of their list. Honestly, I had to make my “case” that robotics, online tech games, are for girls too. The campaign was looking specifically for boys ages 6 – 12 years old and/or dad bloggers. ..exactly another reason WHY my girls are SO charged up to officially start S-cubed (STEM with the Sabra Sisters) and start volunteering touring to all local elementary schools! Anyways, we were happy they let us in, after all we have 3-budding engineers within Mechatars’ ideal age group.
“Blended Reality” means this robotic toy has some capabilities online AND offline. The only way we felt to give this awesome new product the attention it deserves, we made a bunch of helpful video tutorials, all below. When we found out we can battle other Mechatars offline, we immediately requested to see if there were any other mom bloggers willing to meet with us, there was one; but unfortunately they never replied back.
Next, we were psyched to know we can build an “alliance” of “allies” to battle online together. While nearly a dozen mom bloggers showed interest to become allies, none responded as clearly there was a problem understanding the difference between ID, username, Mechatar name, and Alliance name. Therefore, we made our first video tutorial to show the difference, and why each name is important. We also show which ones can be edited and which cannot.
Video Tutorial: Mechatar ID #s, username & Mechatar-name to create allies
Video Tutorial: How to Equip & Sync Your Mechatar with a Mission
“A mission is where you’re trying to do something that helps & explores the “real” world instead of the Mechaverse. For example, the first mission called the “Swarm Hunter” we had to locate the swarm.When we get to the end (beeping gets real loud), we get choice our own weapons to attack.” I’m actually typing as the girls are explaining this process, and I’m totally at a lose. I guess you’ll just have to get a Mechatar and figure out this “really cool” feature that they enjoy so much that they’re on their second mission in just a few days.
Video Tutorial: iLoveRobot’s Mechatar Online Battle Tips
Just some basic things they’ve found to battle better and always win. All 3 of my girls ages 8, 10 & 11yo have never lost a battle yet! Mechatar name: Tech Fang. So, when you’re randomly chosen to battle against them…beware!
Video Tutorial: How to Train a Mechatar in the Offline World
Order Your Mechatar Today with Special 10% coupon! Beat the rush!
Valid until 11/30/2011, please use coupon code MECHMOM at www.iloverobots.com.
Enter to win an iLoveRobots Mechatar (value $39.99)
Deadline date: Monday, September 26, 2011 at 11:59 pm Eastern Daylight Time.
- You must adhere to all the rules as stated. Shall a winner be chosen who did not complete these rules, he/she will not be eligible to win.
You must visit Mechatars comment below telling us which Mechatar you’d like to win and why. Also, please share the gender and ages of your kid(s).
To be eligible to win you must be a U.S. resident, and 18 years of age or older.
For Additional Entries
For additional entries, you may chose to complete any one, or all of the below actions. You must write a separate comment for each additional entry you complete below. (A winner is chosen by the number of comments, not the number of actions taken.)
- Follow American Muslim Mom on Twitter @PonnSabra
- Become an American Muslim Mom Facebook Fan.
- Become a Mechatar Facebook Fan.
- Subscribe to our RSS feed preferably through the email subscription having the same email address on the comment that you have in the RSS feed. To sign up with your RSS feed reader, click here; or click here to subscribe by email.
- Subscribe to our iTunes RSS feed with one-click subscription here.
- Subscribe to the American Muslim Mom YouTube Channel.
- Follow American Muslim Mom on Google Connect.
- “Like” this page on Facebook with the “Like” button below.
- Share this page on Facebook with the “Share” button below adding a personal note. Leave a comment below with the timestamped url.
- Join the Muslim Mom Media Network. While it’s not exclusive to Muslim Moms, we will only be promoting Muslim and halal-specific products and services.
- Tweet about this contest with @ponnsabra Tweet this message, but don’t forget to comment below with the new tweet link.
SAMPLE TWEET. ENTER UP TO TWICE DAILY.
RT @ponnsabra #GIVEAWAY Mechatar by iLoveRobots (V: $39.95) Video tutorials & battle tips! http://ow.ly/6Au5V #CleverRobot #spon Pls RT
- Add our button on your site, code available on the right sidebar.
- List on our your blogroll with the following text link:
<a href=”http://americanmuslimmom.com” title=”American Muslim Mom Blog” target=”_blank”>American Muslim Mom Blog</a>
- Bookmark American Muslim Mom on your browser or your favorite bookmarking site, suchas reddit, delicious, or google bookmarks. You can use one of the “Sharing is Caring” buttons below. [For each action, make separate comments below.]
- Share this post with your favorite social networking site, such as yahoo buzz, stumbleupon, or kirsty. You can use one of the “Sharing is Caring” buttons below as well. [For each action, make separate comments below.]
Determining a Winner
- Each comment below designates an entry number. We will use And the Winner Is… plugin to pick a random winner from the total number of comments below. The winner will be contacted by email. If no response is received in 48 hours, another winner will be chosen. Confirmed winners will be announced on our Contest Winner Page, where you may refer to at anytime
Disclosure: We received products for free to review by being selected to participate in this sponsored post series by Clever Girls Collective., which endorses Blog With Integrity, as I do. We were not influenced in anyway to share only positive remarks. After all, lying is haram (prohibited). You’re welcome to read American Muslim Mom’s disclosure policy and contest disclosure.
- Dapper Snapper Kids Belt Review & Giveaway
- Facebook Fan Welcome Page and Banner Designed by Ummah Design – Review & Giveaway
- SmartLab Indoor Outdoor Microscope (IOM) Review and Giveaway
- Wordlock Padlock – Review and Giveaway
- CARS 2 Kids Giveaway Pack – T-shirt, Bumper Stickers, Temporary Tattoos & Puzzle
Category: Tech & Travel