My girls and I had a great time attending a mom blogger event, Adventures in Clean with Jennifer Garner–star of the upcoming “The Odd Life of Timothy Green.” We also went to the green carpet private screening at the Grauman’s Chinese Theatre in Hollywood. It was an incredible tour of our new city, as we took the clean, public transportation to Griffith Park at Crystal Springs. A white-tent event of well over 200 attendees was hosted by Disney, Frigidaire, and Save the Children campaign. Lunch was provided and dirty-games like tug-a-war, balloon toss, etc. Demos were made for the Frigidaire Affinity® Front Load Washer and Dryer set. These things are massively huge! Undoubtedly, ANY mommy would want them in her laundry room.
Anyways, from opening credits to the very end, I sobbed and laughed hard at this incredible family movie. So, here’s your opportunity to attend the red carpet premiere AND win the Frigidaire washer/dryer set. All you need to do is visit Facebook.com/Frigidaire, and share your favorite memory in the dirt!
Frigidaire was also kind enough to share some great laundry tips by Tara Aronson.
10 Steps to Cleaner Clothes for Frigidaire by Tara Aronson
- Immediately rinse or blot away spills on your clothes with cool water to prevent stains from setting.
- Read fabric care labels before you wash. Your clothes will last longer if you know how to treat them.
- Sort laundry by color, wash cycle needed, and water temperature required. The Frigidaire Affinity’s Permanent Press cycle washes with warm water and less agitation, resulting in less wear and tear on your sturdy jeans, khakis, and sweaters; the Delicates cycle uses cold water and light agitation to gently clean swimsuits, workout clothes, and lingerie.
- Before washing stained garments, pretreat or prewash the spot using the Affinity’s Rinse & Spin cycle. If at first you don’t succeed, wash, wash again.
- To keep snags and lint to a minimum, zip zippers, button buttons, empty pockets, and brush away lint before tossing duds in the hamper.
- If your clothing is heavily soiled, your load large, or the water cold, add extra laundry detergent. Use the Affinity’s Heavy Duty cycle for sturdy but really dirty items like jeans and towels; choose the Sanitize setting to use the hottest water available to get rid of germs and grime as thoroughly as possible.
- Check wet garments for remaining stains, and re-treat as needed before drying. Heat will set stains.
- Dry only full loads. Tumbling a handful of garments prolongs the drying time by reducing the tumbling.
- Fold shirts and T-shirts to prevent wrinkling. If the shirt has buttons, button it at top, middle and bottom. Lay facedown. Fold both sides of the shirt so they meet in the back, with the sleeves aligned with the side folds. Fold the tail up to the cuffs, making a straight line at the bottom. Then fold in thirds crosswise. For T-shirts: a child’s T-shirt needs only one crosswise fold in half; an adult’s should be folded into thirds.
- Fold shorts and pants by aligning the inseams and outer seams of the legs and fold so that a crease forms at the front center of the legs. Fold in half or in thirds, depending on the size of the garment.
Are you excited to enter the contest? Share your moment with us too in the comments below! And if you have any additional laundry tips, enlighten us!
- How to Wash Fruit And Vegetable
- Twitter Updates for 2010-01-19
- Muslim T-Shirts Winner Announced!
- Hygienna Hysterical Contest Winner Is Sharifah!
- Islamic Outfitters Modest Clothing Contest Winner Announced!