Founder/Owner: Ponn M. Sabra
Who is Ponn M. Sabra?
Ponn M. Sabra, MPH is a homeschool mom of three living with a rare brain disorder, best-selling author of “Empowering Women to Power Network”, and online publisher. A home-based entrepreneur for 14 years, Ponn is the owner/publisher of http://AmericanMuslimMom.com, the first and only online magazine for Muslim Moms in the West, who also empowers women entrepreneurs to action at http://www.EmpowerWomenNow.com
AmericanMuslimMom.com content is produced by Ponn M. Sabra, a Muslim Mom living in Hamden, CT. Ponn embraced Islam after graduating from the University of Connecticut Graduate Program in Public Health, which was her first exposure away from private, Catholic education. Born and raised in Meriden, CT to a Catholic mother (recently deceased) and Buddhist father, Ponn has many unique experiences “typical” (so she claims) of the diversity that Muslim mothers living in the U.S. share today. For example, she went cross-country in the U.S. and Canada when her first daughter was 2 months old, gave birth to her second daughter in Gaza City, Gaza, Palestine during the Intifada in 2001, lived in one of the most highly-dense Muslim populations of Toledo, OH for nearly 5 years, and remains the only Muslim in her extremely large extended family.
Although Ponn and her husband homeschooled their now three daughters since birth, they tried 7-months of “traditional schooling” while Ponn as the Head Administrator of a full-time elementary Islamic academy. Ponn quickly validated that “homeschooling truly is the best educational system in the U.S. today”. Ponn also volunteered as the Head Administrator of CT’s largest Sunday Islamic School, where she loved it as much as her girls did. Alhumdulilah (Praise be to Allah), she credits their happiness mostly due in part to the unforeseeable blessings one gains when offering sadaqah/charity through volunteerism.
Some of Ponn’s professional accomplishments include:
- Best-selling author of “Empowering Women to Power Network” (2005)
- Prolific, international writer (1998 – Present) and internet marketer (2005 – Present)
- WomenEntrepreneur.com columnist (2007-2008)
- Appointed the youngest appointed public health official in the country (1998-2001)
- Profiled in Marquis’ Who’s Who International (2000 – Present), Who’s Who of Women (2001 – Present), Who’s Who of Emerging Leaders, Less than 40 years old (2003 – Present)
Nonetheless, Ponn’s biggest pride and joy is being a homemaker to her beloved husband, referred to as “hubby”, and homeschool mother of their three daughters, 9 year-old “Mama’s Princess”, 7.5 year-old “Mama’s Star”, and 6 year-old “Mama’s Baby”. A devout Muslim, Ponn is often quoted for saying “I’m living with a disability (rare brain disorder), but NOT disabled”. Optimistic and energetic, Ponn is also well-known for her powerful networking skills, used beyond the work-setting.
* More About Ponn M. Sabra: Recommendations, Testimonials, Press Releases, Media Appearances
- Use this contact form,
- Email: ponn[at]americanmuslimmom[.com] Your patience is much appreciative, or
- Online Networks: LinkedIn, Squidoo, Twitter, StumbleUpon, Del.icio.us, Digg, Netscape, Reddit, MyBlogLog, BlogCatalogue, Technorati, Sk-rt, Facebook, BusinessMom, PersonalDevelopmentNetwork
User name: ponnsabra