American Muslim Mom is the #1 ranked online community and blog network in the world. A humble composite of 4 separate mom blogs from 2005, turned into the AmericanMuslimMom.com in 2009. We revamped, rebranded, and relaunched in 2011 and saw an amazing 4-fold increase in traffic and 7-fold increase in income–all 100% reinvested into the growth of the community and FREE educational resources, such as our blog network, podcast, article respository, and active social media sites, ie Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn & now Pinterest. I’ve poured my family’s time and resources into this passion of mine…fulfilling the mission first and foremost to please Allah subhanallah wa Ta’ala.
Mission: To enlighten, educate & empower Muslim Moms to action!
All these tips, tools, lessons learned are humble realizations that I must and CAN make a difference in my relationship with Allah, my husband, my girls, and the ummah (community at large). I don’t claim to be a scholar, nor like when someone uses the term Shaikah or Hajja — but being called “Your Sister in Islam” is my greatest honor and pleasure. The familar signature you’d see if you ever emailed me!
Because of my down-to-Earth, sisterly, often in-your-face, I’m not scared to touch upon deep, scary topics in a light-hearted often corkey sense of humor–Muslim Moms have come in droves to read, listen, watch and fortunately share what I have to share. Alhumdulilah, 51% of our traffic come from the U.S., my native home, and 49% comes from 123 countries (as of today); so our global community is incredibly humbling experience.
Ponn’s Personal Accomplishments To Date
- Living my dream of going to Hajj this past season (November 2011),
- Returning home to my housebound 3 daughters in Egypt (in fear of getting kidnapped and sent into the sex trade after the revolution) and they asked “What’s Your Dream Now, Mama?”. My reply, to return to our only sacred land and make Umrah with You!
- Living in Gaza with no dedicated electricity, running water (let alone hot water during Winter), often no cooking gas, etc. let alone Internet (necessary to run an online business)–All THIS to learn Arabic as a primary language and be in the land that makes the most Hafiz (those who memorize the Qur’an) in the entire world! My girls now have a system to memorize and learn the Tafsir (true meaning & translation of the Qur’an) for sacrificing like this.
- Hubby blessing us by picking us up and spending a month so we can make Umrah 3-times!
American Muslim Mom Accomplishments To Date
- My free ebook, “Balancing Life as a Muslim Mom” has thousands of downloads, and had at least 5 Imams or scholars write commentary on their blogs, websites and even base their khutbahs (Friday sermon) on my ebook,
- When I was in Madina after my first Umrah with my girls, a Pakistani British-born Muslim Mom living in Qatar and I were sharing online resources to help build our Islamic knowledge and AmericanMuslimMom.com was on her list!!! She even uses our resources as inspiration and projects for her 130+ weekend Islamic program! Subhanallah!!! What are the odds of THAT happening!
- My husband telling me that “WE do will NOT profit helping others make their Hajj or Umrah…Share (your knowledge of leads, referrals, resources, etc. for discounts) so others can make their Hajj & Umrah. After all, we don’t need the money, We NEED the good deeds!”
So it all hit me when I finally woke up from this dream and often, nightmare-like journey…from my bed on the safe land back in the United States.
HOW was this possible!? Simply because I never Lost Faith in Allah, Faith in my Family and Faith in the ability to prepare and understand what true Financial Freedom is. No, I’m NO millionaire, but I have the convenience to homeschool and travel the world frugally and by-far not lavishly.
Here’s the thing my dear sister (and interested brother) in Islam,
Allah promised every dollar we spend in His cause will be multiplied at least 10-times! Done sincerely, genuinely, honestly and humbly–this blessings and rewards will be greater than you can ever imagine. I’m living proof.
Desperate to think I’d never make Hajj when I was diagnosed in 2005 with an extremely rare brain disorder…years and years of more surgeries I lost count…I NEVER lost faith!
Losing a HUGE 2-parent-income when I was in a life-changing car accident, to live frugally, debt-free, cash-only single-income to homeschool our girls…to now be, 6 years later, able to make Hajj for 2 and Umrah for 5 in less than 6-months. Yet, returning to another unforeseen blessing:
The opportunity to see my next dream come true:
Making the American Muslim Mom Foundation!
A nonprofit organization dedicated to all our charitable programs, fulfilling our mission and designed to do 2 things:
- Grow our global community of devout Muslim Moms eager to live strictly and happily on the Qur’an and Sunnah, and
- Build the largest online educational resource center for affordable ebooks, audio and video courses, webinars, etc. for economical rates in which 100% of the profit will be re-invested to subsidize those who cannot afford it worldwide!
With all my volunteered time, and personal investment over the past 3 years–yes, I have tons of volunteers join me along the way…but, I’ve also paid half-dozen independent contractors who have all grown with this site financially…before paying myself. I’ve never even took a stipend or an ice cream break, which is one of my favorite past times btw.
So, I’m asking you–Will YOU please make this Our Dream!? Will You help build a sustainable nonprofit organization, build on profit-system unlike other Islamic nonprofits that are floundering or closed-down to poor management? You donate, and see the Islamic school, masjid, or program flounder.
Here’s the thing, I’ve built, sold or closed (with profits) over 6 businesses. Two with my husband of over $2 million. I became a best-selling author on the day my debut book was released on amazon. I was a debut columnist for Entrepreneur Magazine when they launched their Women Entrepreneur site. I will NOT let this Foundation flounder.
Why make this nonprofit? Because, I do NOT want anyone to purchase my educational resources written for Allah’s pleasure and acceptance alone, with the pretenses that You think I want to profit off of you…I don’t, nor do I need it. Allah has blessed and gifted me with too much to let an alternative motive guide my desire to help me AND you! By helping you, I help myself and vice versa. Maybe of our products to be released are anthologies, compilations of well-screened Muslim Moms also living only to please Allah and not compromising their practice of the Qur’an and Sunnah out of fear or hype. So, I’m not the only voice behind the American Muslim Mom brand–You are!
I invite you to take this journey with me and voice your well-needed voice whenever possible.
We have a HUGE lineup of products (ebooks, Kindle, audio series, and much more) to launch for the remainder of this year, our first title is:
- 49 Daily Du’a for the Muslim Mom ~ Marriage, Motherhood & Money
Charitable Programs to be continued:
- The 4th Annual Summer Islamic Reading Challenge (the only one in the world)
- The 4th Annual Ramadan Qur’an-a-thon Sadaqah Drive (the only one in the world)
- Continue to host and support approved Virtual Fundraisers for worthy masjid, Islamic center and programs throughout the U.S.
- The 2nd Annual Eid Gift Guide (the only one in the world) – Year-round halal shopping guide, personally approved by me. Yes, I turned tons of “Muslim” or “halal” products, service providers, etc.
- And, much more!
Category: Latest News