Now, I’ve been decorating my every single Eid all by myself. For years, the only way to force the girls into bed early is by reminding them we stay up after fajr to prepare for Eid prayer…so that’s not many hours for Mama to cook, bake and decorate a surprise fajr for you! They knew the drill, they hear me rustling in the kitchen and they’d yell “Mama…it’s seems yummy!”…”No…delicious!”…”No…” and hubby and I would stop the argument (though very thoughtful and complimentary, mashaAllah) by yelling back up the stair “Go To Sleep!”
Anyways, as my girls worked very hard this past Ramadan making every single iftaar and most of suhoor with them, simply because they love cooking and baking; I asked if they’d like to break mama’s tradition and bake with me? Decorate with me? In chorus, they screeched their surprise, and starting hustling and bustling around the kitchen–3 more energetic little Ponn’s mashaAllah! Anyways, they knew by the time they went to sleep the night before Eid a couple things were missing: gifts and aidya (Eid money)…so in excitement and exhaustion, they happily forced themselves up the stairs so I can still have my big Eid fajr surprises.
Well, with new traditions come new opportunities and well…when, modernEID decided to be listed in the Eid Gift Guide; my girls and I were SO relieved to FINALLY see some classy, simply elegant, ‘professional’, and extremely unique Eid decorations, gift wraps and accessories! It’s about time!
Having spent Eids in the US and Muslim countries, my girls and I have had our fair share of tacky, gaudy, over-the-top in such a bad sense, incredibly-loud, overtly-childish, too Islamic (yes–we’ve always been simple is sheik) or too much of an imitation of non-Muslim holidays that it’s so impersonal that it does Not attract my family or I as special of unique.
While, I’m by no means a professional at making Eid decorations, I knew one day a company would come up with something worth purchasing…and that’s exactly where modernEID comes in! Amazingly, their prices are SO economical as well. Once I received the modernEID review package, I immediately shared with the founder, that she should’ve just added the white table clothe too; because it was SO convenient to purchase online (okay, pick my review products) and have them delivered right to our front door! So, running to the dollar store for table clothe was an added inconvenience…but, totally worth it, don’t you think!?
Check out our buffet snack & desserts arrangement. The hostess, mashaAllah, took us to the buffet table, and when we took everything out of our big paper bags. One by one she put them back in the bags, and said “No Way! These look so pretty and precious…we’re taking this ALL insider…just for us!” The girls were so proud and honored, that I said “Subhanallah, Glory be to God, even popcorn can look pretty, huh?” Everyone laughed, and she replied “You know…? Eeryone LOVES popcorn; but no one ever brings it to a party…let alone dress it up so pretty like this!” Again, the girls felt right at home, subhanallah. [FYI, we were new to the community, so this was our first Eid invitation and modernEID helped break the ice for the girls to bond with the host family. We were remembered of the near 50-75 attendees, and we met a handful of newbies just like us. Alhumdulilah, the hostess went out of the way to introduce us to everyone, mashaAllah. I'm sure it wasn't all because of modernEID, after all the girls and I baked and prepared the food too...modernEID just helped bring our desserts to more people's attention! ;-)]
Do You Want to Celebrate Eid the modernEID way?
You have many ways to enter this exciting “Let’s Celebrate a Modern Eid Event” Muslim Mom Blogger Giveaway Party!
We have 5 Muslim Mom Bloggers each hosting a Giveaway for modernEID Eid Party Kit valued at $25. You can enter at every single blog, but you are only able to win 1 prize.
Eid Party Kit (value $25)
- decorative print
- decorative bunting
- table runner
- buffet labels
- dessert picks
Muslim Mom Blogs Participating
Grand Prize: $50 modernEID gift certificate
However, every single one of your entries on every single blog, included this main campaign post, will be an entry to a Grand Prize of $50 gift certificate to any modernEID products you’d like, inshaAllah T’ala.
Now, the truth is, I know the other Muslim Mommies are much more artistic and creative…and big-time-cooks; mashaAllah, unlike me, so when you hop around the blogosphere to enter…please stick awhile and soak up some of their awesome content. After all, we only work with the best, mashaAllah. I truly love all these sisters for the sake of Allah dearly, and keep them in my du’a often!
Order Your modernEID decorations & gift accessories today! Proceeds to go to East African famine
In their debut Eid al-Fitr to Eid al-Adha season, modernEID is donating proceeds to the East African famine. Visit modernEID today to place your order, inshaAllah, God willing!
Enter to win a modernEID $50 gift certificate
Deadline date: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 12 noon Eastern Daylight Time.
- You must adhere to all the rules as stated. Shall a winner be chosen who did not complete these rules, he/she will not be eligible to win.
You must visit modernEID comment below telling us which theme you’d like to celebrate your Eid al-Adha (Modern or Arabeque), and explain why. Also, please share what attracts you most to modernEID products?
- To be eligible to win you must be a U.S. or Canada resident, and 18 years of age or older.
- Winner can only win 1 prize across all blogs. However, you can enter everyone’s contest.
For Additional Entries
For additional entries, you may chose to complete any one, or all of the below actions. You must write a separate comment for each additional entry you complete below. (A winner is chosen by the number of comments, not the number of actions taken.)
- Follow American Muslim Mom on Twitter @PonnSabra
- Follow modernEID on Twitter
- Become an American Muslim Mom Facebook Fan.
- Become a modernEID Facebook Fan
- Subscribe to our RSS feed preferably through the email subscription having the same email address on the comment that you have in the RSS feed. To sign up with your RSS feed reader, click here; or click here to subscribe by email.
- Subscribe to our iTunes RSS feed with one-click subscription here.
- Subscribe to the American Muslim Mom YouTube Channel.
- Follow American Muslim Mom on Google Connect.
- “Like” this page on Facebook with the “Like” button below.
- Share this page on Facebook with the “Share” button below adding a personal note. Leave a comment below with the timestamped url.
- Join the Muslim Mom Media Network. While it’s not exclusive to Muslim Moms, we will only be promoting Muslim and halal-specific products and services.
- Tweet about this contest with @ponnsabra Tweet this message, but don’t forget to comment below with the new tweet link.
SAMPLE TWEET. ENTER UP TO TWICE DAILY.
Let’s Celebrate a #ModernEid with @moderneid’s decorations! Enter to win a Party #Eid Kit or $50 gift certificate ! http:// Pls RT
- Add our button on your site, code available on the right sidebar.
- List on our your blogroll with the following text link:
<a href=”http://americanmuslimmom.com” title=”American Muslim Mom Blog” target=”_blank”>American Muslim Mom Blog</a>
- Bookmark American Muslim Mom on your browser or your favorite bookmarking site, suchas reddit, delicious, or google bookmarks. You can use one of the “Sharing is Caring” buttons below. [For each action, make separate comments below.]
- Share this post with your favorite social networking site, such as yahoo buzz, stumbleupon, or kirsty. You can use one of the “Sharing is Caring” buttons below as well. [For each action, make separate comments below.]
Determining a Winner: Each comment below designates an entry number. We will use random number generator to pick a random winner from the total number of comments below and all blogs in the campaign. The winner will be contacted by email. If no response is received in 24 hours, another winner will be chosen. Confirmed winners will be announced on our Contest Winner Page, where you may refer to at anytime
Disclosure: I am organizing this campaign on behalf of the American Muslim Mom Media Network. If you’d like to be considered for future campaigns, apply today–it’s free to join! I received products free of charge. I was not influenced in anyway to share only positive remarks. After all, lying is haram (prohibited). You’re welcome to read American Muslim Mom’s disclosure policy and contest disclosure