Calling All American Muslims – Ground-Breaking 5-Minute Consumer Survey. PLEASE Participate. Deadline Wednesday, October 19th
Be Heard Today by participating in this ground-breaking American Muslim Consumer Advocacy Survey by DinarStandard. DinarStandard™ is a specialized research, advisory and business media firm empowering Emerging Muslim Markets for growth and global impact. I’ve all respected and admired the work of DinarStandard, alhumdulilah.
About the American Muslim Consumer Advocacy Survey
- This is one-part of an in-depth study titled, “American Muslim Market: Business Landscape & Consumer Needs”.
- This study is designed to report American Muslim Consumer’s perception of key brands on US ‘Halal’ (allowable for Muslims) food, finance, and select other sectors.
- This survey is the first of its kind, and it’s for USA based Muslims only.
- Anonymous reporting.
- Designed to take only 5-minutes of your time.
- The survey is concise and broken into the different sections:
- Unmet Needs – General questions about an American Muslim’s perception of the present consumer market here in the US as a Muslim today
- Consumption Habits – Questions about who or what influences you to purchase different items, such as community influence, budget, etc.
- Halal Brand Perceptions in the Food sector - Your use and/or thoughts on the availability of halal food products and services.
- Halal Brand Perceptions in the Finance sector – Your use and/or thoughts on the availability of Islamic banking or investment services.
- Demographic Information – Basic information such as gender, occupation, ethnicity, income, etc. Remember: it’s anonymous.
- More about its Purpose is available here.
Benefits of 5-Minutes of Your Time = $1 Donate to Islamic Relief plus…
Those who frequent my site, know I reflect deeply and with a critical eye on anything that’s Islamic based, especially if we’re discussing what’s “halal” and how to be an astute Muslim Consumer conscientious to targeted marketing campaigns. We should always be aware of our consumer actions as a Muslim, and not be influenced blindly of what one may call “halal” or promote as as products for Muslims as Muslims because of our huge financial power.
A number of benefits I found by spending a quick 5-minutes on this survey included:
- Donations to Islamic Relief – one of my most favorite worldwide relief agencies
- Learning new halal brands – I learned many new halal food products and brands I’ve never heard of before
- Making data statistically significant – As a biologist in trade, I’ve always been interested in statistically significant data for reference. So, when an opportunity presents itself to stray away from opinions, case studies, and smaller studies.
- Most Importantly:
Having Our Diverse Voices Be Heard!
In addition to statistical significance, to be representative of the diverse Muslim population in America, we need YOUR participation! We need ALL Muslims in America to respond!
- Every social economic group needs to participate, because our finances affect our consumer perception.
- Every ethnic group, because our culture affects our consumerism.
- Big cities with big Muslim populations and equal representation of small towns in which you’re the ONLY Muslim, because this affects availability of products to consume.
- Native born Muslims, new Muslims,
- Native born Americans, Foreign Muslims visiting (students or work visas), and Immigrant Americans, etc.
My list can go on and on to our many differences; it’s not meant to be inclusive. My attempt is to include everyone as the reach of American Muslim Mom is highly-diverse and I implore you to please participate.
Each and everyone of us have our own experiences that influence our buying habits and perceptions!
Help Spread the Word. We need 1000 more in 3-days!
In one-week, they have only about 500 participants. To be statistically significant they need at least 1000, but ideally 1500! We need your help. If achieved, it’ll be the first statistically significant survey, as previous ones (not done by DinarStandard) had ~400 or ~900 participants.
How to Help:
- Participate first! (obviously)
- Bookmark this page to your social networks.
- Facebook, Tweet, LinkedIn, etc. in social media.
- Email this post to others.
- Call your Muslim family and friends…I am!
Recommended Areas for Future Surveys include
- Additional sectors, such as Clothing, Health & Beauty, Homes and housing, Education sector, Technology (software), Media, etc.
- Name Brand consumption and their perception with targeted campaigns made by them, such as Western Union, or Touchnote.
- Offline versus Online Muslim consumer habits.
- Muslim Mom’s Financial Power. Without being biased…
Highlights of the Survey Results To Be Exclusively Shared at AMCC
As a social media partner of the American Muslim Consumer Conference (AMCC) debut in 2009, I’m so pleased that an executive summary will be released publicly with key highlights presented to attendees at the 3rd Annual American Consumer Conference, alhumdulilah. A partial report will be made available for free to the public thereafter, and a complete report will be made available for sale primarily to marketing firms and brands.
Jazaka Allahu Khayrun for your immediate attention, participation, and assistance in helping us achieve this goal. As always, please share your kind thoughts and feedback below.
Disclosure: I am organizing this campaign on behalf of the American Muslim Mom Media Network, if you’d like to be considered for future campaigns, apply today–it’s free to join! I received products free of charge and compensation. I was not influenced in anyway to share only positive remarks. After all, lying is haram (prohibited). You’re welcome to read American Muslim Mom’s disclosure policy and contest disclosure.
- Still Time for the American Muslim Consumer Survey AND Touchnote FREE Credits
- The American Muslim Market is Rich, Educated, Growing Fast
- Twitter Weekly Updates for 2011-10-22
- Want Natural Beef? Then, Eat Halal Meat
- Shopping for a Halal Tangent? I Mean…