Have you ever heard of Barefoot Books? Well, if you haven’t, here’s just a peak of what fabulous books they published and products they produce!
Top Ten Reasons Why Barefoot Books Rock!
- Cloth-covers. High-quality book crafting. Having started book collecting with my husband this past summer, with 100+ year old books, I have to say; I have not seen, touched or smelt new, high-quality book craftsmanship like this is years! Book publishers are SO darn cheap these days.
- Gorgeous Illustrations. The art of each and every single page is fascinating. You can catch my girls and I spending long minutes just admiring the art.
- Illustrations unique to the story. Ever see art in a picture book that has NO relevance whatsoever to the text on that particular page? Or, worse–not the whole book. Well, that is not the case with Barefoot Books. Every corner, inch of every page has meaning and significance. It’s mind-boggling at its perfection really!
- Global Diversity & Cultural Appreciation. The wide range of topics from different cultures is so vast, from typical countries to explore like Mexico & Egypt–but, have you even heard of Galapagos before?
- Books for All Ages. As you know my girls are 7, 9 & 10 years old, and Barefoot Books are geared to toddlers, young children 4 – 7 years. They just recently expanded to 8 – 11 years old. But, we are NOT bored at all. The illustrative art plus the magnificent craft of the words make these books collectibles in our home library to share with any of our family and friends! Oh, and these are perfect for newborns to toddlers too. Never underestimate our babies. Hey, all my girls read by 3 years old, mashaAllah (and that was before the hot “Baby can read” projects).
- Picture Books Enriched with Rich History, Great Geography and Language Lessons. Every book we just read, yes–simple pictures; taken to the next level. Already we journey through the craft of writing; then you top it off with history, geography and language lessons.
- Intimate, Interest-Building Incredible Learning Experience. Words are intertwined so ingeniously, that the learning process is natural rather than forced. The books beg you to stay intimate with the author throughout the story. And, my girls’ attention span is peaked during the story so much that they want the added appendixes with great desire, rather than boredom. The interest that is build through every flip of the page is absolutely incredible!
- Hear Barefoot Books Live or 24/7 on their weekly Podcast. It’s as if you have a library of professional authors in your own home! Even better than the local librarian, and sometimes even me LOL (I’m a mighty book reader–ask my girls, mashaAllah, God has willed).
- Family-Fun, Educational, Relaxing, Challenging Products too! I can not begin to tell you what a difference these Yoga Pretzels cards has done for our lives. Man, I haven’t done Yoga in so long, I had to search my own archives to find that free resource I used “regularly”. Anyways, my youngest daughter and I participated in a field day with ~20 7 year olds, and one 20-minute session was using these fabulous cards. We had a blast, relaxing, stretching, and quietly energizing ourselves for the rest of the day’s activities. Little did we know, last year–that they were Barefoot Books.
- Read One Book and You Too Will Want to Live Barefoot!
Explore. Imagine. Create. Connect. Give Back. That’s what Barefoot Books is all about. It’s exploring other cultures, our planet, ourselves. It’s making time for make-believe and letting imaginations run wild and free. Most of all, it’s about using the power of stories to nourish the creative spark in everyone and strengthen connections with family, the global community, and the earth.
I guess, I’m in for slipping in one more of everything.
11. Barefoot Books Promotes Literary (obviously) and Charitable Causes, and Green Living. When given the chance to review their products, I immediately wanted to know more about the PBS Kids Global Gift Package.
PBS KIDS and Barefoot Books are committed to guiding kids on their own special journey of discovery and growth. So reach into your eco-bag and get ready for an adventure with your little explorer! In these paperback Barefoot Books, children learn to count in Swahili, learn to speak Spanish in Mexico and are introduced to the gods and goddesses of ancient Egypt. $5.00 from the sale of this product goes to support PBS. Your purchase helps PBS KIDS provide opportunities for all children – from every walk of life – to explore and grow.
Featuring paperback editions of Off We Go to Mexico, We All Went on Safari, and We’re Sailing Down the Nile.
To purchase Barefoot Books
Have a grand ‘ol time, searching for the right selection of starter books by checking out the main site here.
Oh, and they’re hosting their Winter Sale right now: 60% off until February 8, 2011!
- Earn commissions from 20-40% of retail value, plus loyalty points.
- Market Barefoot Books online
Promote Barefoot through websites, blogs or social networks and earn 20-40%.
- Create fundraising opportunities
Earn 50% and free shipping on all orders over $500.
Ponn…You started another side-job!? Well, no. As an affiliate marketer, I’m simply choosing to promote Barefoot Books online with these nifty affiliate buttons and links; which in turn helps me have some extra cash to buy Barefoot products at a discount. No inventory. No hassle. I do have an awesome home library collection started though! And, you can too.
Enter to Win one $25 Barefoot Books eGift Card!
Deadline date: Thursday, February 3, 2011 at 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time.
- You must adhere to all the rules as stated. Shall a winner be chosen who did not complete this one simple rule, he/she will not be eligible to win. It’s only fair.
You must visit Barefoot Books and tell us if what products you’d get if you won $25 e-gift card. TIP: You can get the PBS Global Kids Pack & a ‘lil something, or the Yoga Pretzels & a book. Your choice.
- For additional entries, you may chose to complete any one, or all of the below actions. You must write a separate comment for each additional entry you complete below. (A winner is chosen by the number of comments, not the number of actions taken.)
- Follow Barefoot Books on Twitter @LiveBarefoot
- Become a Barefoot Books Facebook Fan Page
- Subscribe to Barefoot Books Podcast.
- Follow American Muslim Mom on Twitter (@ponnsabra).
- Become an American Muslim Mom Fan on Facebook.
- Join our RSS feed preferably through the email subscription having the same email address on the comment that you have in the RSS feed. To sign up with your RSS feed reader, click here; or click here to subscribe by email.
- Sign-up for the American Muslim Mom eNewsletter in the right sidebar where we offer “Free Ebooks & Goodies!”. Enter your first and last names and email address. We share special gifts, news and offers to this select email list.
- Subscribe to the American Muslim Mom YouTube Channel.
- Follow American Muslim Mom on Google Connect.
- Follow American Muslim Mom on Linked In.
- You may write about our contest on your blog, inviting your readers to participate.
- Tweet about this contest with @ponnsabra or Retweet this post with the above RT button. You may tweet up to once a day, but don’t forget to comment below with the new tweet link. Suggested tweet:
RT @ponnsabra GIVEAWAY! $25 eGift card for @liveBarefoot Books! http://bit.ly/gzvBUn Ends 2/3/11 Pls RT
- Bookmark American Muslim Mom on your browser or your favorite bookmarking site, such as delicious, or google bookmarks. You can use one of the share buttons below.
- Share this post with your favorite social networking site, such as yahoo buzz, stumbleupon, or kirsty. You can use one of the share buttons below as well.
- Link to us on your homepage with our button on the right side-bar, or use the following text link for your blogroll:
<a href=”http://americanmuslimmom.com” title=”American Muslim Mom Blog” target=”_blank”>American Muslim Mom Blog</a>
- Review and rate American Muslim Mom.
- We’d like to you stay a while. Please read and share a thoughtful comment to one or all of our latest articles. Then, comment below for each action taken.
- Wifehood Wednesday – Marriage, Homemaking & More
- Five Fabulous Bloggers I Can’t Blog Without
- Turbo Fax – Free, Easy, Maximum Refund with Fast Turnaround!
- Reflecting in Tears that Allah Knows All!
- FunBrain – Educational Games
Determining a Winner
Each comment below designates an entry number. We will use And the Winner Is… plugin to pick a random winner from the total number of comments below. The winner will be contacted by email. If no response is received in 48 hours, another winner will be chosen. Confirmed winners will be announced on our Contest Winners Page, where you may refer to at anytime.
Disclosure: I receive products for review free of charge. I was not influenced in anyway to share only positive remarks. After all, lying is haram (prohibited). You’re welcome to read American Muslim Mom’s disclosure policy and contest disclosure.
- American Girl Innerstar University Books Review
- Kid’s Book Review – Attack fo the Turtle by Drew Carlson
- SmartLab Indoor Outdoor Microscope (IOM) Review and Giveaway
- Facebook Fan Welcome Page and Banner Designed by Ummah Design – Review & Giveaway
- Dapper Snapper Kids Belt Review & Giveaway