Alhumdulilah, we received a wonderful introduction as new advertisers to the Eid Gift Guide to brothers Mohamed & Amin, founders and owners of Noor Kids books. Brother Mohamed recently graduated from Harvard University with his Masters in Business Administration this past May, mashaAllah, and as part of a grant opportunity to the graduate students, he was 1 of 10 selected to get Noor Kids off the ground. To read more about the interesting story, you can read one of the many news articles written about them here, here, here, and here.
Quarterly Islamic Books for Muslim Kids Aged 3-8 years old
Eager to receive the books, based on their fun website, my girls were terribly pleased with their latest book “School is Out For The Summer”. Although my baby is the only one in their anticipated age-group of 3-8 years old for this series, we all reviewed it with our dozens of cousins and friends in mind. Much to our amazement, there was much to learn for all my girls! JuJu , our 11yo, said “I had to have at least read it 7-10 times. AND, not because it’s baby-cute.”
Unique Book Features
- Parent’s Page with special notes from the NoorKids Team, Resource Spotlight, etc.
- Islamic stories, of course
- Muslims From Around the World (learn about Muslim kids in different countries)–The girls loved this section! Adding culture and geography to the unit of Islamic Studies is a big-plus for this homeschool family.
- When I Grow Up - Stories from respectable Muslim adults with interesting professions who Muslim kids to see available professions.
- In the Kitchen - We made this edition’s Banana Fritters, but we add 3-cups of flour as other fritters I’ve made always had flour, and there was no way to make the batter into balls of “dough” without it. Not sure, if that was a typo to miss that ingredient of not…
- Very colorful thick pages!
Free NoorKids Sample Available
You can read the absolutely adorable and FREE issue by clicking right HERE.
Parents can apply for Ambassador Program
Another cool thing is that they are accepting applications for parents to be apart of their Ambassador Program, which I’m a part of. My girls say it’s super fun already,since we received the debut Ambassador packages this week just in time for Ramadan. With posters to share with local masajid, and more sample books, which I look forward to donating to the Islamic school here for their school library–grassroots marketing at its best!
Important Benefit: Help develop the Islamic book series by offering critical feedback, recommendations and suggestions, inshaAllah. To me, this is the most important part of being a Partner with NoorKids. You can too, if selected to be part of the Ambassador Program, inshaAllah.
To apply, click here.
NoorKids on Facebook & Twitter
How to Win 1 of 5 Free Samples
As sponsors to the 3rd Annual Summer Islamic Reading Program, the top 5 kids with the most comprehensive book reviews written between the ages of 3-8 years old will get a book. Yes, the younger kids will have help from their parents, but we will judge based on age-appropriateness.
What’s a comprehensive book review? Shares enough details to make us want to act–either to read your recommendation, or stay away from books you tell us to stay away from. You’re to share why you like it or now, etc.
Deadline for submission forms is tonight, Sunday, July 31, 2011 at 11:59 midnight EST.
To learn how to fill out the forms, click here.
- Summer Islamic Reading Program Countdown – 9 Days
- Review and Giveaway: Noor Kids Children’s Book 4-Pack (Value $24.99)
- First Annual Summer Islamic Reading Challenge Prize List
- 2009 Free Summer Reading Programs – Prizes; More
- More Summer Islamic Reading & Writing Projects and Challenges